Tuesday, September 27, 2011

dark days

Three years is a long time for anything. But its been almost 3 years since I said goodbye to you. I remember everything from that day. Like a curse that will never go away. Every smell, every drop of sweat, every shot heard over and over again in my head. I blamed myself for so long for what happened. In all reality it should have been me like that. There’s so many things that have happened since that day that made my life a better life. I try to do well by others. It was my second chance. You told me to move to a different spot. 45 seconds difference and who knows. I strive to do the best I can every day. For you, for the guys on the ground. Because I know what they’re going through. I miss you brother, more than you know and thank you Bart

1 comment:

Wendi Williams Photography said...

im very proud of how strong you are eric, don't ever lose that, don't ever forget that. I am sure he would be so proud of how far you have come and how many things you have accomplished. I know this time of year is hard for you, I am so proud of you and I love you so much.